Tuesday 7 January 2020

January Birding

What to do?

Having been around a while now, I've started the year in different styles over the year. So, what to do this year...albeit belatedly. Up to now I've peedled (an old Lancashire term) around the Patch and LDV just ENJOYING the birds I've come across. What a novel idea! I've always got the "don't gobble 'em up to soon" adage in the back of my mind. Spring is a long way off! Yes, numbers and targets give incentive and motivation but aesthetic appreciation is ALWAYS high on my list...as is CHALLENGE. I do like the odd rarity BUT endless photos of the same bird?

Birding can be hard going after the initial burst of New Year optimism. However, there's ALWAYS something out there, if you're prepared to look hard enough for it. I'll just have to try and find 'em.

Hope you've got your plan sorted...that's if you need one...

No comments: