Tuesday 7 January 2020

Ings Birding

Back to the LDV yesterday. A great and VERY unexpected start at Duff' when Bud flushed a Jack Snipe from the edge of the car park! He has his uses.

NDC was still to deep for the dabblers with only Pochard (52) and Tufted Duck (30) present. I was hoping to see the Bewick's Swans that had been present in the Valley for a while now. I scanned Bubwith Ings from the Geoff Smith Hide but I could only see a small proportion of the flock from here. After around an hour I decided to try Ellerton Ings. No Swans BUT a VERY impressive count of Pintail (152)...


A sample...distantly!
I then drove back to Bubwith Bridge, parked up and walked North again along the flood bank.

Duller conditions today with a moderate westerly wind. I spent 2 hours scanning the Swans but I couldn't find the Bewick's (reported again today!). Still a great experience being relatively close to the birds...




I hope to try again. Be nice if they dropped on Duff later in the month which is quite possible once Bubwith dries up...maybe?

No comments: