Friday 26 April 2019

Texas 19 - Hill Country Summary

Thursday found me at Kerr WMA at dawn in search of Black-capped Vireo and Golden-cheeked Warbler. Despite much searching I found neither? Very surprised... and disappointed. After yesterday's storms, today was glorious.

I did manage to find a reported Lazuli Bunting late Wednesday at South Llano River S.P. Rare this far East. Oh, and I also had great views of a Ringed Kingfisher on a river walk with Louise at Kerrville late Tuesday, after Martin dropped me off.

Back to today. After returning to the Motel with my tail between my legs, we had breakfast and headed back to Lost Maples S.P. to try yet again for the elusive Audubon's Oriole. Again... no sign!

A nostalgic visit to Neal's Lodges at Concan after lunch also proved fruitless, mainly did to the 90F temp!

Species details and pics on return home.

I'm writing this as Louise drives is back along I10 to Houston, then on to Galveston. Hope it all makes sense. Not easy to Blog on the phone while travelling on the Interstate!

Time to think Bobolink...

Trip total 200


No comments: