Saturday 20 August 2016

Pyrenees 16 - Day 10...loyal to the plan

Continuing my strategy to cover as many sites in the area as possible I checked out north-west of Gedre yesterday.
 
Four hours was spent at the Cirque du Troumouse, another glaciated marvel in the high Pyrenees. I DID actually view a pair of Golden Eagles but they were ridiculously high above the 10,000ft plus mountains! Still, a notable sighting.
 
We then returned to the Lac des Gloriettes to check once again for Wallcreeper on the dam and Rock Thrush below it. A blank was drawn.
 
Finally, I tried a site at Haus were Wallcreeper had previously been seen by a waterfall. I finally found access and enjoyed a good hour searching in vain?
 
Saturday has brought our first poor morning weather wise with not much promise of improvement. So, I'm dropping the boss off at Argeles-Gazost for a shopping fix while I head for the Col de Soulor with everything crossed...

No comments: