Sunday 28 August 2016

Port de Boucharo/Breche de Roland

I'd visited this area some 25 years ago when my lads were young. We Euro-camped in Luz-saint-sauveur. I was fortunate to receive information about a family of Wallcreepers on the start of the BdR path and connected with great views of them (4) on the scree slopes. Great days.
 
Could I be so lucky again? No!
 
We enjoyed the walk and the spectacular views over into Spain.
 
View through the Port de Boucharo into Spain from the Breche de Roland path
I stumbled on an Alpine Chough nest. We could hear the young below through a hole in the rock strata and a parent guarded well...
 
 
We set off on the BdR path which was a good challenge for yours truly After about an hour I decided discretion was the better part of valour...and we turned about. I certainly didn't want any issues at this location. We stopped and had lunch. It turned out to be a good decision.
 
Unbeknown to me we were sharing the area with a family of Alpine Accentors!
 
They fed completely unconcerned by the constant procession of Sunday walkers...
 
 
 
 
 
A superb species...
 

No comments: