Sunday 14 August 2016

Pyrenees 16 - Day 5...Port du Boucharo

Unfortunately things are not firing regarding the downloading of pics at the moment, so it's just brief highlights of the day for now.

We made the trek to the above spot from the Col de Tentes car park. I reckon it took us around an hour with frequent stops. Great view through into Spain but no birds of significance seen. We continued on the path to the Breche de Roland passing scree were I'd seen a family of Wallcreepers over 20 years ago with my 2 sons (not that they were interested!). No luck today and no Snowfinch or Lammy.

However, around half a mile along this second track I found a family of Alpine Accentors feeding completely unconcerned by the busy path. I enjoyed a wonderful 30 minutes with these little gems over lunch and obtained some good pics, which I'll post on return.

Tomorrow morning I try for Black Woodpecker again around Bareges while Louise goes shopping in Luz-Saint-Sauveur. Everyone's happy!

No comments: