Wednesday 10 August 2016

Pyrenees 16 - Day 1...Col du Soulor

After a late breakfast and a few logistical issues we headed up to the Col du Soulor for a leisurely day. I also hoped to meet Charles my contact at the Raptor watchpoint. It might have helped if I'd given him a rough description of what I looked like! Anyway we sorted it out and had a lengthy chat in between scanning the skies.
 
Black Kites through the clouds...hundreds of them...
 
 
A distant Short-toed Eagle along the hillside...
 
 
There were large numbers of Griffon Vultures overhead but they were very high over the Col. As we were leaving Louise shouted..."What's that"...
 
 
I spent the afternoon looking for Wallcreeper and Rock Thrush to no avail. No matter...we enjoyed the weather and the magnificent scenery...
 

No comments: