Wednesday 26 August 2015

Wrynecks

Too little time and energy for an Arizona post tonight.

I did have an hour before work so I tried yet again for the Wryneck at the Gas Terminal. It's a regular Bud walking location. So primed with bins, camera (complete with flash card and fully charged battery!) I made my way down the roadside fence. Withina minute theer it was perched on the fence despite the strong wind. the time was 9.30am. Right, camera ready, what no power? Not happy. I started to make my way back to the car for another battery. I'm sure I charged it. I tried taking it out and putting it back in. Hey presto...it worked!

Needless to say the bird didn't show again before I had to leave at 11. Frustrating.

Still, it was my FOURTH Wryneck of the month and my perseverance paid off!


No comments: