Friday 28 August 2015

Black Stork...again!

Like the old Batman...same place, same time, same channel! The bird was in exactly the same place as yesterday evening.


I spoke to a chap who lived nearby who reckoned it had been in the area for over a week. I watched it till dusk but didn't see it fly to roost. It's being seen at Stone Creek in the morning. I reckon it's feeding here later in the day as the drain is tidal.

The first pic isn't great but it shows the bird with a crab...


It's amazing what else can turn up when your watching for a while. I also saw 2/3 Kingfishers and this Common Sandpiper...


Really special to have such a rare bird so close to home and to have re-located it was a minor miracle! There was evidence that it had been closer to the road...


It stayed at around 50yds. I could have tried to get closer but I had no intention of flushing the bird and was more than happy watching it from the car. I'd forgotten all about work by now! At one point it did come slightly nearer...pity it was in the shade...


Another marvelous encounter.


No comments: