Sunday 23 August 2015

Pied Fly invasion

Large numbers of Pied Flycatchers have been hitting the East Coast from late morning. We'd spent the morning around the peninsula but it was fairly quiet. The fat rascals in the cafe were pretty good though.

After a touch of late season gardening I received a text from Phil Jones informing me there was a Spotted Flycatcher on the clifftop. It was nice to hear from him as he'd recently sold his house in Withernsea. After a catch up chat he went down to Spurn and I stuck it out.

After around 10 minutes I re-located the SF...



...but where are all the Pied Fly's? Not here! I had one brief sighting and that was that. It used to irritate me...not anymore. I'll see what I see and that's that. It is remarkable what Spurn can attract. Luckily it's only 7 miles away!

I'm going to persevere locally this Autumn...

No comments: