Wednesday 28 February 2024

Local Action

Always wanted to highlight the humble House Sparrow (54) and today was that day, when I found 8 in the Clifftop bushes!? Migrants? Hard as nails and found in most habitats but understandably overlooked. 
Probably a repeat but I'll never forget the time I pulled up at a gas station in Texas way out in the Desert West of the Guadalupe Mnts. I was so relieved to make it as I was running on fumes. There was also a dust storm raging. As I was about to leave after enjoying the hospitality, I caught sight of a bird tucked away above the door. Yep...Amazing!!!

I also "had" a couple of GSW drumming simultaneously and three Song Thrushes belting it out. A flock of 12 Long-tailed Tits passed through and a pair of Blue Tits are showing interest in our porch?

A day calling Tawny Owl finished off the Dog walk.

I've finally got the V70 back! There's only one place to head tomorrow. Yep...NDC!

No comments: