Thursday 22 February 2024

Barney

Twin Car issues at the moment...young and old. No prizes for guessing who's got the old one! This meant an early start to Hull for both of us. As I opened the bedroom curtains I was delighted to see (once I'd focussed) a beautiful Barn Owl quartering the meadow opposite. One of the most ubiquitous Species in the World and definitely one of the most stunning. That's why I chose to Sponsor it for the Spurn Book. What a privilege, especially following on from the Red Kite. The Weather may be horrendous BUT quality Bird sightings always lift the Spirits...

7.09 through the Bedroom window

I was hoping to head for Duff tomorrow on the strength of an excellent forecast. Unfortunately it's bad news regarding the flying wedge, which will need major surgery. Not ideal just before the Holiday. So Birding for the foreseeable will be on foot...not sure how far that will take me. My Hip will let me know I'm sure...

No comments: