Thursday 10 November 2022

The Wild Geese

I had to back for more...after the Cricket of course! A fantastic performance by England.

After a few issues (including the car not starting) I decided (through necessity) to walk the road South out of the Village. Fortunately my luck improved as the PFG were feeding in the first fields albeit distantly. After around 15 minutes they took to the air...a wonderful spectacle! I tried to estimate...then another group of around the same number followed suit. Wow...there were a LOT. Rather vague I know. Thinking around 1000.

I spent a pleasant hour watching the birds which were surprisingly active. A few pics to give a flavour of the occasion...





There were hundreds of Gulls feeding also...


Including this one...

Mediterranean Gull

...and Starlings are still arriving "in off"...



No comments: