Monday 23 March 2020

Working the Patch

Mainly Holmpton actually. In an effort to keep the "new" V70 clean...

A proper Volvo with my error in the background
...I've been walking my mate from the Cottage and really enjoying it. Bud is slightly less boistrous these days...only slightly...but it does make the passing of other dogs slightly less taxing.

Surveying his domain
Yesterday involved a 5 mile walk North beyond the Sewage and back. I found Richard and Gavin's Wheatears (P.87, H.59) just South of the Sewage...

Always a fine sight, especially the first...and second!
I also saw my FOY Ringed Plovers (5) darting around on the beach...

P.88, H.60
My love of Wildfowl finally tempted me down the road mid-afternoon to try for the lone Bewick's Swan that joined the remaining Whooper Swan's on Easington Straight. News came through that it had re-located to fields North of Sammy's, so I made the walk. Of course no sign, so I tried Easington straight...

Easy to pick out the size difference, when there's a comparison with Whooper Swans
Into the sun at some distance but still nice to connect. A rare bird in Yorkshire these days, sadly...

P.89, S.29
North again this morning but VERY quiet...

No comments: