Wednesday 25 March 2020

Swallow - My earliest record!

Trying to look on the positive side...as I (nearly) always do...I continued my search for early migrants on the dog walk. However, before I left the house a knock on the door, it was Richard informing me a Marsh Harrier (H.63) was drifting south over the trees. Garden Lifer and Year tick to boot. Just nabbed it...thanks pal.

The walk North with Louise on a gloriously sunny and fresh morning was a joy. Richard was walking North also. As we approached him I noticed a small bird heading swiftly South along the beach. No doubt...a Swallow (P.91, H.64)! I shouted to him but he didn't pick it up. Almost certainly the same bird was seen at Spurn later...surprise, surprise. Checking my records this evening, it proved to be my earliest ever...by 4 days!

No comments: