Friday 27 March 2020

Lock-down Birding

Isolation...not a problem here...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, ocean, dog, beach, sky, outdoor, nature and water

We all need our health walk...

Image may contain: one or more people, dog, grass, outdoor and nature

Richard hit gold dust yesterday when he found 3 Shorelarks just South of the Village. I got down there (on my health walk) asap but couldn't connect. I need to sharpen up, as he's slaughtering me with "good finds" lately. He also had a Snow Bunting this morning.

I've decided to join the Bubo "Lockdown Covid 19" Garden List. Quite a mouthful and it took me sometime to figure out...but I got there in the end! I've added it to my Lists - (see header), in the off chance you may be interested!  I'll be making a concerted/forced effort to record all species seen in and from the garden. I CAN actually see the sea from my bedroom window! It will be interesting to see what I can actually turn up? If that's not lowering my sights, I don't know what is...

Many are including their health walks but I prefer to just count from the Cottage windows/Garden...more challenging I feel...espeacially when you have an unfair advantage with a coastal location...

A modest 25 to start...

No comments: