Tuesday 24 September 2019

This and That

Yesterday a flurry of action at the magic Bird Bath. THREE Coal Tits and a pair of Blackcaps. Heady stuff I know!


...and a fresh in Robin...


plus Song Thrush...


This morning a two mile dog walk along Skeffling bank with the good lady revealed a good number of Shelducks still loitering (c1000) plus c300 Curlews.

No joy with any Pinkfeet flocks this afternoon at the "sewage". A report of a Leach's Petrel north past Spurn raised hopes but I didn't hold my breath! A confiding Wheatear is always worth watching though...



Head down till Friday then let's see what turns up?

.................................................................................................

Started the above post but saved it as a draft. After the hectic weekend and Monday I thought I'd just tag on a few extra bits from an inclement Tuesday...but not before I mention my Great Northern Diver (P.121, H.99)...summer plumage...ish no less, south on Friday morning!

I was hoping for a lie in but I woke early so I ventured out with the lad. I wasn't going far from the car as there were some ominous clouds forming. A short sharp (my favourite kind) seawatch was in order. It became immediately apparent that a movement of Gannets was taking place with a constant steady stream of birds moving South. I counted 84 birds in my hour. Other notables were 5 Red-throated Divers and a male Pintail (H.100). Three Common Scoter (H.101) close, on the sea were a long overdue addition!

During a rain break mid-afternoon I had a mooch around the cliff top. Glad I did as I was greeted by a couple of Stonechats, the first I can remember seeing at this spot...



Hopefully a brighter day tomorrow...

No comments: