Saturday 28 September 2019

Landing the BIG 1

Having belatedly and I have to say somewhat reluctantly entered the world of (anti)social media, I AM enjoying reading updates from Birding groups/crews etc searching for the "Big One" on far flung islands. Scilly would ALWAYS be my choice.

I adhere strictly to my non-involvement in on-line banter...been there, done that. However, I do like to support these impressive efforts with the odd "like".

I've had mini-excursions to the Outer. Hebrides, Shetland, Cornwall and Scilly. It can be VERY hard work! Every Rarity/MEGA found is undoubtedly well earned. Much respect.

Stick or twist?

I've got stuck before...so I won't be twisting!? I'll be keeping my powder dry and reacting on news.

Many weather theories also out there. Some with good grounding. A fast moving system is approaching the SW. IF something turns up I may spend a few days down there. Trouble is, it's a long way from Shetland...Outer Hebrides etc etc!

Personally I'd love to see a PARULA after missing the 2010 bird on Tiree due to work. Time will tell...



No comments: