Tuesday 28 August 2018

Evening passage

Firstly after no sign all day the GWE put in another appearance this evening! It showed briefly around 5.45pm after another visit to Tesco...for me that is! It made it's way along the ditch and out of view. I didn't see it again.

I had an hour up at Out Newton this morning. I was pleased to see a summer plumaged Black-throated Diver (P.140, H.98) heading swiftly North.

Around 6.30 I set my stall out by the Sewage for another seawatch. The cliff's much lower here and I was interested to see what the views would be like. They were better, much better. A steady stream of fast flying Terns arrowed South over the next hour or so, an impressive spectacle. I am happy I picked a couple of Roseate Terns (P.141, H.99) out of the flocks. A lone Little Gull flew high South and stuck out like a sore thumb. I left around 7.45 as a smart Red-throated Diver landed on the sea at close range. A nice evening.




No comments: