Friday 29 June 2018

Squacco Heron

News broke early this morning of a quality bird at Spurn...just as I was leaving for work!

John Hewitt reported it had flown off over Sammy's Point around 8.10am...so that was that!

...or was it?

Back on Kilnsea Wetlands at 8.30!!!

I finished at 4 and headed straight down there, armed only with Louise's glove box bins...they are Leica 8x20 Trinnies.

As I left the car, a message came through that it had just flown south. I'd missed it by 5 minutes. I decided to try Canal Scrape. Half-way down there it transpired that the bird had the same idea. Bingo!

Give or take a drop or two of DNA that takes my Spurn tally to 303. All's well that ends well.

I'm still sorting the laptop but everything seems well so far. Hopefully back to normal posts soon...whatever they are...












No comments: