Sunday 10 June 2018

A day at Bempton

We usually stay local on Sunday for obvious reasons but today I just fancied a ride out and a good walk on a long overdue SUNNY day!!!

So, we braved the traffic and headed for Bempton. A stop off on the way at Hornsea Garden Centre proved fruitful...

Home made Trifle!
The traffic was heavy around Brid' but we eventually arrived around 1.30. Thankfully there was no sign of mist/fog. I've been visiting Bempton for over 30 years yet I feel it's only recently that I have begun to fully appreciated this jewel of the Yorkshire coast. We'd timed it right with sunny conditions, clear air and carpets of wildflowers in bloom...


..and plenty of birds of course!

We wanted a decent walk so we headed towards Flamborough Head along the coastal path...


We managed a 4 mile round trip and had great views of all the key species. A few pics...





My friends were very patient...


A grand day out!

No comments: