Sunday 10 December 2017

Status Quo

Think I've finally re-adjusted after the trip!?

A couple of days reducing the Holiday debt then down to Nottingham last night to see the legendary Dennis Locorriere...THE voice of Dr Hook.


Obviously my era BUT the guy has transcended the generations. He has a unique voice and at 68 he's still belting it out. All songs sung correctly...just like the records. A fantastic 2 hours!!! Sylvia's Mother was one of the first records I ever bought. "We shared the night together". Nostalgia over.

Over to the LDV on Thursday to try for the reported Glossy Ibis (a potential York tick). I arrived at Bank Island at dawn in the pouring rain...and waited. No sign by 9.30. I had a few things to do in Selby before spending 2 hours at NDC. Water levels are very high in the Valley but not quite high enough to fill the Carrs. I did see a few Whoopers flying down the river though. Back to Bank Island for 2.30. Gave it till dusk but still no sign. I tried.

No comments: