Saturday 22 October 2016

Ton Up!

The pool at Out Newton produced my first Jack Snipe (P.160, H.100) of the Autumn. Rather amiss of me to forget my Village Woodcock (2) and Siskin (c50) sightings. Still all squared up now...I think!

Still a few straggling Bean Geese still around which us always nice.

My pal Haydn had made the journey over from York for the ISABELLINE WHEATEAR which was a Lifer for him. He also saw the Siberian Stonechat. I then got a call from him to say he was in the Village, so I joined him and we walked the circuit. He was very impressed with the habitat, if not the sightings we had! We did manage a few Siskin, many Goldcrests and a few winter thrushes. We also had a sighting of Graham Speight. He left me around Noon and I worked the coastal paths all afternoon for no significant reward.

BIG day tomorrow...hopefully?


No comments: