Thursday 12 February 2015

Planning ahead

Managed to get out just before dark. Glad I did as a Barn Owl was hunting the clifftop. Bud managed to flush a Reed Bunting (H.30) for a Village year tick.

Four days off now so I'm hoping to get some quality Birding done. No specific plan (which is nice) just see what I stumble across...if you'll pardon the pun!

Holiday planning needs to kick in also. Nothing done yet and only 17 days to go.

Where?

Well, I'd always fancied a winter break away from the gloom and this year we've done it...



I'd been years ago to Alcudia when the lads were young and loved it. This time we're going next door to Puerto Pollensa...actually we're in between at Club Pollentia Resort which funnily enough backs onto Albufereta Marsh. Should keep Louise happy...all inclusive too. Our two trips to mainland Spain were excellent for Birding and sightseeing but a disaster for eating out, so it's the natural choice to have a guaranteed base.

I realize this is before migration really kicks in but that doesn't bother me. I'll still see and enjoy some great birds...besides I want to be back before I miss anything!

No comments: