Sunday 15 February 2015

A Field...full of Fieldfare



                          A fine uplifting sight today on yet another gloomy cold day.

I was returning from Out Newton when I noticed some birds distantly in the farm fields...


I can't remember seeing a bigger flock. A conservative estimate was 500. I was lucky to see them in a brief visit from the sun. Despite scanning the flock for a good 30 minutes I couldn't see a single Redwing. A fine sight none the less made all the more notable as they were less than half a mile form my house.

A small group of Stock Dove were also present...


A group of Deer appeared through the mist...


Thrushes are always nice to see...



The seemingly resident Snakey lane Buzzard was seen again...but always kept it's distance...


Be good to get some of this...

Image result for sunshine

No comments: