Saturday 14 February 2015

At last!

Started as usual on the clifftop with you know who. An hour's seawatch produced hardly any passing birds at all but I did manage to pick out a couple of Guillimots (P.71, H. 32) on the sea. As I was leaving I noticed a large group of Tree Sparrows, always nice to see...


Phil Jones has sent me a few texts over the past year or so informing me of a Little Egret at the sewage. Every time I've failed to see it. The other week I saw a couple towards Hollym. Finally this morning as I was passing, there one was...bold as brass...in the flooded field, right by the Sewage plant...


A great addition to the area over recent years and never to be taken for granted.

After lunch I decided to visit Welwick Marsh. Always hopeful of a Harrier or Owl. Very peaceful down there this afternoon, no wind at all, which doesn't happen often! Unfortunately nothing over the Marsh at all for the first hour although there were plenty of waders over the Humber. Knot were making some characteristic shapes...


Some Lapwings passed by...always a fine sight...


Then around 4 a distant Marsh Harrier passed west very quickly...


Time to head home now . So. saw a Harrier but no Owl. What's that...Barn Owl...if only I'd been in the car...



No comments: