Sunday 24 March 2013

Surprise View

Spent a while down Sammy's Point this morning looking for the reported Wheatear. No luck but it had probably been blown into Lancashire by the time I got there!!

This afternoon I decided to hunker down in the car and seawatch. There was a steady stream of Gannets heading south, a belated addition to the year list (H.53, P101)...

Close in trio
Following on from my comment on the Canada Goose regarding where you see a bird...as I was watching the Gannet movement I was taking a few pics of the gulls that constantly drift south along the cliff using the updraft...and boy was there an updraft today!


Gulls...more gulls...GANNET!!! Yep, in amongst the gulls drifting along the cliff. Unfortunately, my trusty camera couldn't lock on in the excitement (it was moving pretty fast) but I'm posting a very blurred record shot anyway...

Jizz test!
Proper Winter this year. Not much from the global warming brigade at the moment. We moan about it (me included) but really we get off lightly compared to many places around the globe. Having said that I'll be glad when the clocks change next weekend...

East winds all week! Might bring something unusual in? Large numbers of Starlings and Wood Pigeons on the Patch. Keep feeding the Dickies...


First Greenfinch of the year in the yard today


No comments: