Monday 11 March 2013

Nostalgia IS what it used to be!!!

Made the journey up into the Dales on Saturday. Bleak was definitely the word! We reached the Station Inn around 3 and had some lunch. The weather turned worse (if that was possible). Still, I hadn't travelled all this way for nothing, so I wrapped up and braved the elements (Louise stayed in the pub).

It was snowing quite hard now, more like a blizzard! Then in the distance I saw the smoke (just)...

A fine sight!
Not many finer for me. They belong together. So glad some of these magnificent machines are still around and allowed to travel on the main lines. I never actually saw an A4 when I was a lad. There's a 75th anniversary celebration of Mallard's record world speed record this year in York when all 6 remaining A4's will be on display. I might just pay a visit!


Made a token effort today but beaten by the cutting wind I'm afraid (wind chill -7C). I did manage to pick out the Black Brant at Kilnsea through the car window. Then that was that.

A bit of holiday planning is in order I think due to the diabolical weather. Just to give a flavour of what's in store here's a link to some awesome photos of our American counterparts.

No comments: