Monday 25 March 2013

Better times ahead?

Clocks "Spring" forward this weekend. Evening birding in the offing.

East winds to persist all week, possibly pushing some stuff across the North Sea?




If only this was Autumn!! Not that I'm wishing the year away, far from it. It's just that a week of Easterlies at that time of year would be highly promising.

Read an article today in my Birdwatching mag'. It was from the BTO on the migration of Wheatears.

Some birds passing through Britain actually end up in Alaska having come from sub-Saharan Africa. Quite a trip! Makes sense, as Wheatear is a major rarity in the States.

It never ceases to amaze me how resilient birds are...


Apparently I was wrong (as I often am). It's not global warming ...it's climate change! This phenomenon is a recent trend according to the "experts"

1963...

No comments: