Sunday 14 July 2024

Gull-billed Tern - Spurn Tick!

I try to be "on the ball" regarding reacting to relevant messages. Fortunately this lunchtime I was in the right place and reacted immediately...

12.47 : Gull-billed Tern Kilnsea Wetlands 

I made it in 10 minutes and headed for the Hide. As I turned the corner I could see the locals looking high West. I looked up and saw 2 birds. The first was a Black-headed Gull...the second GBT!!!

The Bird continued South and was reported flying over the Humber. There have been no further reports as I write. Rather exciting!!!

This was my 323rd Species for the Spurn Area and the areas 3rd according to The Birds of Spurn. It was also my 3rd in Britain following on from my first at Seaforth July 1995 and my Yorkshire tick at Old Moor June 2015.

No comments: