Saturday 19 August 2023

High Fliers

Don't forget the "Air Space". Village interior, West to Snakey Lane, South to Cliff Farm and North to the (old) Sewage...oh and East out to Sea!

Calls help, especially with small waders cutting across to the Humber...or visa versa!A couple off peeps this morning had me scanning high...eventually I picked up a couple of Ringed Plovers way up high. Great clarity from the "Trinnies", giving clear views of the field marks. Yesterday a series of quick, identical notes had me looking for Whimbrel...again I scanned high and eventually picked a couple up, again VERY high...


This bird was a dot, so chuffed with the Lumix to produce this image.

Onto the beach off School Lane. Two Gulls on the Beach...


Even at some distance they looked "different". I'd "had" a Mediterranean Gull in exactly the same spot (well pretty close!) a few days previous...and here it...or another...was again...


Oystercatchers still passing South but I couldn't find anything "with them" this time...they were all in the air!



No comments: