Friday 18 August 2023

BOOBY Prize

13.09 Isles of Scilly No sign of the Red-footed Booby on Bishop Rock Lighthouse early afternoon

Yet another one slips away, I really am getting slack! Fortunately, I can keep things in perspective. Rudyard Kipling and all that. As previously posted, I'm as determined as any "Twitcher" BUT I have priorities and commitments. I can't just...GO...at least not all the time. ASAP still applies.

23 Years teaching and I never played truant for a Bird. Nowadays I do have more time BUT I still have responsibilities that I am more than happy to fulfill. In fact, it enhances my prospective of my overall Birding philosophy.  Availability is the key word I guess. Am I convincing you? lol!

I'd arranged to go on Sunday with my pal Haydn and hopefully connect on a day trip. I'd have loved to have shared the moment with him and possibly Steve Lawton but it wasn't to be. Without sounding like "sour grapes" (hopefully) the "all turn up and see it" type of twitch isn't one of my favourites (more a relief than an adrenaline rush), especially at distance BUT a "tick's a Tick" and "they're all one". That's enough cliches!

There'll be another...

p.s. There is a slim chance the bad weather has played a part. I'll hang onto that for a day or two. Maybe it will end up on the Mainland, which would be handy!

No comments: