Thursday 22 September 2022

Early Start

I woke early this morning, which is a novelty and decided to have a walk down to Old Hive. Buddy didn't fancy it though, so we headed to the Sewage!

It was a warm morning with a light breeze. We headed South towards the Llama Farm. I was hoping for PFG and I got them in spades. A conservative estimate would be 300 in a series of Skeins heading North off the Humber. A fine sight and sound indeed. In fact, arguably, the most evocative experience in Birding, hence the header...

As we walked along the Cliff I spotted a couple of Shelducks coming "in off"...


Next a lone Lapwing doing the same. Waders were heading intermittently South and included my first Knot (H.120) of the Year and my second Redshank. When I reached the Farm I was pleased to see this Stonechat. c20 House Martins are still hanging on at Intack and Swallows were streaming constantly South (they were still very much in evidence early afternoon when I went to Tesco). As I reached the car, feeling pleased with my haul, my mood dipped somewhat when a text from Richard informed me he'd just had 6 Spoonbills South over his garden! Chuffed for him though.

No comments: