Wednesday 26 January 2022

Super Whooper

A predictable return to Sunk Island this afternoon. Fortunately the Swans were still present with the Mutes totally accepted by the Whoopers...or is it the other way round? Anyway, I parked up on the verge and had a pleasant hour in their company. The "yellow-bills" were split into 2 groups but were still close to the road (c40yds). A group of 8 and another of 11...I possibly counted 2 Mute's yesterday...but I don't think so!?

Constant calling was enjoyed again amongst a mixture of activity and rest. A few images to hopefully give you a "feel"...




Patience enabled some flight shots...







Most views (of most things) at Duff are distant, so it was a real bonus to have these birds so close (in more ways than one)...


I don't like to be defeated...so where shall I go tomorrow on the promise of a decent forecast?

No comments: