Wednesday 5 January 2022

Snow Buntings!

Another Year another trudge down to Old Hive via Mill Hill...and I mean trudge over soft clay. Throw in a sub-zero wind chill and the thought of finding one of "Richard's birds" was the only plus...oh, it WAS sunny!

After negotiating the large bites out of the Cliff I approached Mill Hill. I hardly recognised it from my last visit! The coastline here is ever-changing. A lone bird flew up and landed on the Cliff edge. It had to be...it was...

Bouyed by the sighting I continued down towards Old Hive Copse (I did waver for a while) enjoying a brief if frustrating view of what I considered to be a different bird (whiter). I wasn't rewarded for my efforts at the Copse as it was dead. I returned towards Mill Hill. As I approached a small flock (9) bobbed North along the Cliff? Fortunately they landed some 40 yards further up, allowing me get a better view...



I know I can harp on about species appreciation but it is sincere and I will never tire of seeing this species in my Village. I am blessed...


After yesterday's mooch around the Patch missing Coal Tit (on my feeders), Great Spotted Woodpecker, Linnet and Greenfinch amongst others...I saw them all this morning!! I still "need" Wren! That's Birding...

No comments: