Saturday 7 August 2021

The Tokyo Olympics

As previously mentioned, I've been totally engrossed in the Olympic coverage on BBC 1...and boy do they do a fine job. The raw emotion in both winning a medal or not, is drama of the highest order. To be able to fully immerse myself in this remarkable event has been fantastic!!! The Games fittingly culminate this evening with the Men's Marathon, which I'll be staying up to watch. Brutal conditions for the runners, as it was for the Women's race this morning. True Grit! 

Birdwise...it's still quiet. Granted, I've been otherwise engaged. This will change from tomorrow as I've had my mid-season break and the "second half" will commence. Waders and Seabirds are starting to move and the first returning migrants are being reported. Another trip to Bempton isn't out of the question either...maybe Monday?

No comments: