Thursday 1 April 2021

Return to NDC

I was looking forward to my first visit of the Year to Duff. Firstly though, I took the lad for his constitutional at the Runnel. No Wheatears but what I assumed was the same LBBG was still present. It didn't hang around...

...but I got my flight shot.

I arrived at Duff at 2.30. I was pleased to discover a LRP was still present on the newly cleared scrape...create the habitat and all that...

This was only my second record after a bird on 7/5/88. Chris Gomersall and Karl Dutton were in the hide and we put the world to rights post-Lockdown. I stayed till 6. Just before I left Karl picked up a second bird. Other noteworthy birds were...

Whooper Swan 2
Pintail 20
Red Kite
Little Egret 12
Great Crested Grebe

It was VERY good to be back, even it it was cold! This was emphasised on the return journey as it was 6C as I entered Holmpton!


No comments: