Monday 26 August 2019

Warming up

...and it's not just the weather!

Another scorcher here today. After spending the weekend in Lancashire sorting my Mother's garden out and sharing a VERY special Test Match with her (quality moments), I took it easy today before having a stroll down the cliff this evening. Glad I did as I found a Pied Flycatcher (P.118, H.95) in the Sycamores at the bottom of School Lane. I noticed a movement as soon as I got out of the car and there it was motionless for a couple of seconds on a bare branch. Always special. It did return for a moment and I got a record shot, unfortunately my camera had decided to change settings to a high ISO hence the snow scene...

For the record
I then had my usual scan of the horse paddock. A bird on a post...Whinchat, then another...


Amazingly FOUR were present on the posts! Great to see migration in progress...


Despite searching I couldn't relocate any of the birds, it was all over in 5 minutes!

The LRP at Kilnsea Wetlands showed well on Thursday...


Some interesting claims during the heatwave...BROWN BOOBY and an EAGLE sp

Anything's possible I guess...

No comments: