Monday 19 August 2019

Skeffling

Good walk with the "family" this morning. A wonderfully clear, fresh day with tremendous visibility. It was high tide which gave great views of the birds present. It became immediately obvious that there was a considerable congregation of Shelducks. I scanned initially from the car park and there were large numbers in tight groups as far as the eye could see towards Welwick. My initial estimate was c1000! By the time we reached Welwick Marsh I'd re-adjusted my estimate to 2000!!! An impressive spectacle.

As we were leaving I noticed some raptors to the east. One looked "different". Chuffed to pick out a distant Red Kite (P.107) from the car amongst 4 Buzzards...


The magic bath keeps producing in the yard. At least 3 Willow Warblers present this evening, including this one on the fence...


...plus a couple of Whitethroats...


Feeling optimistic about what it might produce this Autumn...but then I always do!

I've just had full approval from management for our second trip to the UAE this November. Flights have already been booked and initial planning has commenced. Plenty still to go at...

Ospreys on the move...













No comments: