Monday 24 June 2019

Bempton jinx continues

Chatting with Louise last night I suggested we might make our annual trip to Bempton RSPB. After studying the forecast we decided against it, as there was a strong likelihood of thunderstorms.

Of course, this happened...

MEGA E.Yorks SOOTY TERN NW past Bempton RSPB at 11.49

Oh dear!!!

Obviously, no guarantee I would have connected... but I would have had a shout.

Bad memories of my BLACK-BROWED ALBATROSS dip came flooding back. Yet another "work dip"!

Maybe I'll get lucky...one day?

Midsummer madness at the moment with a LITTLE BUSTARD still present at Slimbridge. Also a BLUE-CHEEKED BEE-EATER (briefly) and a GREAT-SPOTTED CUCKOO in Scotland.

Lots of goodies then. Just shows, you're never completely safe to leave the Country if you're a twitcher!

No comments: