Tuesday 11 June 2019

A time for reflection

As another Spring of diminishing returns closes I find myself trying hard to remain positive about my British Birding. I guess it's partly an age "thing'? I always find it difficult to adjust after a foreign trip especially when it's Texas!

I WILL remain positive and I'm in the process of creating some new challenges... I just haven't decided on them...yet!

There is no doubt that there is an inevitable decrease in numbers of many species due to human activity. Rarities will continue to turn up giving some spice to the pastime. Unfortunately the preservation of natural areas i.e habitat, is not a priority and never will be for the " money men".

For me, it's a question of tailoring my Birding to maximize my enjoyment and make it meaningful, in these changing times. I'll find a way...


No comments: