Saturday 7 October 2017

CLIFF SWALLOW - faster than the pager!!!

As I was hobbling down Withernsea high street this morning with the tripe, for Bud I hasten to add, I got a call. It was a very excited (with good reason) Trevor Charlton. "Al, I've just seen a CLIFF SWALLOW at Porthgwarra!!!" He'd actually phoned me before the MEGA alert had sounded! Now that IS impressive. I didn't even know he'd gone down to Cornwall? He had asked me if I fancied it earlier in the week. I had to decline unfortunately...for a number of reasons.

He's just sent me some BOC record shots...

courtesy of Trevor Charlton

courtesy of Trevor Charlton

It was clear from his messages that he did brilliantly to get any sort of image in the conditions. What a moment!!! Must be odds on the Scilly bird for me. Where next?

No comments: