Sunday 29 October 2017

Change?

Inevitable I guess BUT not keen! Consequence of advancing years...or is it? What AM I on about?Listing again I'm afraid. I realise some who follow aren't interested...so you may want to depart this particular post now?

I was going to go off on one (again) about taxonomy/provenance etc fuelled by another ridiculous event regarding a Spotted Flycatcher at Scarborough. Instead, I'll just use a quote from a fellow old school twitcher...

"This really is stretching the enjoyment of Birding, super similar looking birds being split for what, science, do me a favour ‘bag o 💩’ "

...but wait...a quote from a young gun...

"As far as I am concerned all these taxonomists wanting to get the name in lights should be taken out and flogged"

A joke of course but the sentiment is there!

You know what's coming next...the "still time" quote lol! Thing is...there is! The odds are lengthening but there's still hope.

.......................................................................................

A RUFOUS-BACKED ROBIN has been seen in Texas. This would be an ABA tick. Be nice if it hung around Palo Duro Canyon into November? It's a sight I've never been to and is also good for Golden Eagle which would be a Texas tick. I've just got to convince Louise she'd like to see it! 

2 comments:

Tim Dixon said...

You have to larff don't ya.
About "Spotted" Flycatchers I mean.

Alan Whitehead said...

Hi Tim, great to hear from you! Hope you are well. Strange times!