Monday 18 April 2016

Local raptors

I DID find the flash card! So here's the Gas terminal Peregrine...
 
Spotted it?
 
Have to admit I only knew it was there because it flew around the tower a couple of times before landing...
 
 
 
 
 
I hadn't seen one around for a while, although I've seen them/it on the tower earlier in the year.
 
Yesterday afternoon while exercising my friend on Snakey I was lucky enough to see a male Marsh Harrier. I only picked it up late as it disappeared over the hedge...
 
 
Fortunately it returned some 10 minutes later...albeit distantly...
 
 
Nice to see a male.
 
Amazingly, ten minutes later a female showed briefly...to briefly for my camera!
 
.........................................................................................
 
My pal Nigel from my teaching days sent me a not so local raptor pic...
 
White-tailed Eagle surveying his domain on the Isle of Skye
 

No comments: