Saturday 14 October 2017

Exploring the Cornish Valleys

We started in Porthcurno Valley at St Levan's Church...


the scene of one of my major dips...

SCARLET TANAGER 22/10/2011

The bird decided to visit Scilly without telling me... after I'd changed my flight time!!!

We had a nice stroll around...but IT wasn't here.

I then drove down to Porthgwarra. More bad memories.

HERMIT THRUSH 1/11/2013

I should have got this bird but waited for news at Exeter as I had to drive to Scotland for MOURNING DOVE...(which I got). Fatal!!!

YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO 25/10/2014

Marooned on Scilly...were it should've been!

All mentioned before BUT good to exorcise the demons.

Then I remembered I had to check in with the boss... always a good move. I knew Trevor Charlton was down here but didn't want to cramp his style due to my mobility issues. Anyway, as I was parked at the side of the road he pulled up in front of me!

He'd also been at PG.

We had a chat and then headed to Nanquidno Valley. What a superb spot! This valley was home to the VARIED THRUSH of November 1982.

Day 2 will begin back at PG with Trevor...

No comments: