Saturday 31 August 2024

Seconds

I returned to Beacon Ponds this morning, Phil picked me up from home after making his way down from Redcar. It's been quite a while since we Birded together; always great to see him. I knew Haydn was coming through from York, so I was hopeful of bumping into him also.

We arrived at the car park around 9.30 and we were pleasantly surprised to see a space. We collected our gear and made our way up towards Long Bank. There was a decent group of Birders presen KOt but I thought there'd be more for a Bird of this quality?

I didn't initially spot Haydn but eventually we connected and shared a pleasant hour chatting and watching. I added Black-tailed Godwit and Hobby to my Spurn Year List.

It was a fabulous crisp and clear morning spent in excellent company. We returned to the car park and said our goodbyes. Phil headed South (on his way to Cornwall and Scilly) and Haydn back to York.

A quality experience...

P.S. Ticking Robins are here!!!

No comments: