Monday 4 December 2023

Timing

Today is a write off with grim, dark, cold and wet conditions, further enhancing my desire to "Winter abroad". Hopefully one day...SOON!!!

However, it won't be this Winter, or next come to that! There ARE aspects that I do like... but not many. I obviously like Birding locally and Duff is a pleasure BUT the grey days are far to frequent for my liking. So, I've just got to make the most of it...for now.

Today's wash out further enhanced my luck yesterday. To be honest it was a miracle connection considering the circumstances already aired. To return to Wheldrake Ings where I hadn't been for quite some time was a bonus to the twitch, bringing back many memories from years gone by. 

My chances of connecting would have been close to zero without the presence of Duncan and Craig. A huge area and a tiny bird in fading light are not a good combination. Reward for Duncan on his Patch and well earned no doubt. 

Historical ties to the York Area definitely enhance my Birding...

No comments: