Thursday 24 October 2019

Kes

A strange one this...

News broke after some photos posted on-line suggested that a juvenile LESSER KESTREL had been seen at Fraisthorpe near Bridlington. The photos were excellent close-ups and over time they gathered much support from experienced Birders that it did in fact show thus species.

I was snookered (again) yesterday having a work day but some negotiating aka begging meant I had a small window of opportunity early afternoon. After no confirmation early morning a positive message was posted around 11.30 so I set off up the Coast.

I found the site easily as it was in (amazingly) the same area as the previous LITTLE BUSTARD record! Many familiar faces were present and "the bird" was fortunately showing well if distantly.

The rest of the day involved much debate on site and on-line as to what had actually been seen!

Which bird... which species... which expert?

Who knows... I don't! Let's see what comes out in the wash...

No comments: