Thursday 15 November 2018

UAE

This time next week we'll be in the air and on our way to see my youngest son Robert and his wife Laura in Dubai. It's been a whirlwind twelve months for them but they're settled now, with excellent jobs (they're both Solicitors).

Most of the family have already made the trip...now it's our turn. Unsurprisingly, the timing of our visit is linked to the Birding calendar! Autumn migration coming to a close here, so time to head for sunnier climes. Temperatures will be in the mid-twenties...lovely!

I've been doing a bit of prep'. It's been great fun, especially as it's a new destination and area for me. Cyprus is as far East as I've travelled as most of my trips have been West or South. Some new birds and places.

There's an extremely well organised website...and eBird of course! The country is relatively small yet offers a nice range of habitats for a desert land including an extensive coastline.  Plenty to keep me interested anyway.

I'll be trying my best to produce a daily diary of my trip but that will depend on logistics. I don't want to be (even more) unsociable.

I have also received some excellent information from Steph Leese which will be invaluable during the trip. Thanks Steph!

Bon Voyage...

No comments: