Saturday 26 March 2016

Texas 16 - Birding Galveston Island

70F today with blue skies and light winds.

I decided to follow the Galveston loop of the Upper Texas coast trail today...well nearly. I did give Kempner Park a miss due to the slim chance of a migrant fall. We also dried up before St Luis pass as we wanted to enjoy the Brown Pelican show along Sea Front Boulevard.

Again I have limited time for this post due to the participation factor! I intend to produce a full (but hopefully not long-winded) account of my trip on return.

Galveston Island IMHO is right up there with the Bolivar peninsular (doing that on Sunday) as one of the nations best Birding areas. Maybe not as renowned but superb none-the-less. After a series of mixed fortunes regarding target birds it was great to just do a days Birding.

My best day.

Issues with the Motel internet prevent me from posting pics unfortunately. I'll try again tomorrow.

Trip total 147.

Stay tuned...




No comments: